Saturday, September 30, 2006

 


This year I decided to walk in NYC and in Boston in order to support my Type 1 brother, who I don't think has ever done a walk for JDRF. I am also walking in honor of a friend whose brother died of Type 1 this year, and for all of the people I know who are affected by this disease. To my huge suprise, when I reached out to my work community for the zillionth year in a row ...they were so supportive that I was moved to tears. People who work with me everday notice that I'm a diabetic and sometimes that makes me uncomfortable. However, when I realize how much they care about my health, and how much they hope to see research lead to a cure, I feel a lot less like a freak! I am really lucky to work with such amazing people. I hope those of you who are reading this are participating in a walk for JDRF too...have a great walk! (Here is my walk site...they are very easy to set up and use online! http://walk.jdrf.org/walker.cfm?id=86442347 )

Comments:
We are proud to support you!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?